Baxter Brewing Company Field Marketing and Territory Sales Manager
Located in a renovated, 1850’s textile mill in downtown Lewiston, Maine, Baxter Brewing Company is New England’s Original Can-Centric Craft Brewery. Baxter’s portfolio of year-round and specialty beers can be found throughout the region and beyond. Already one of the largest producers by volume in the state, Baxter endeavors to become synonymous with Quality and Innovation moving forward. In the last year we have added a centrifuge, counter-pressure filler canning line, 7 BBL R&D brewhouse a 3600 sq ft tap room and restaurant.
Compensation and Benefits
Baxter Brewing Company offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience. Additionally, we offer health/vision insurance; dental insurance; retirement planning with a company match up to 3% of salary; paid time off; a killer work environment; and there’s beer. Complete details are outlined in the Baxter Employee Handbook.
Job Overview and Opportunities
The individual best suited for this position is an experienced sales and marketing professional who is passionate about craft beer and is eager to share our beer, brand, and story everyday with new and existing accounts. This individual is outgoing, organized, and comfortable working in a fast-paced and increasingly competitive industry.
Primary focus of this position will be distributor communications and management, distributor sales team engagement, points of distribution growth, and engagement at on & off-premise accounts, from the account and consumer level, through regular in-person visits, ride alongs, events, and tastings.
The sales territory for this position will be MA and RI with a focus on Greater Boston. The ideal candidate will be located in the greater Boston metropolitan area.
Candidates must be located in, or willing to relocate to, the sales territory being covered.
This position is heavily dependent on event planning and execution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the planning, thorough execution and recapping of distributor programming within sales territory.
• Work in collaboration with Baxter distribution partners in achieving pre-determined monthly and yearly sales objectives.
• Engagement with current on and off-premise accounts; support with point-of-sale and regular in-person visits
• Execute sales incentive programs with Baxter and distributor sales staff
• Increase overall distribution and volume through team sales efforts and in conjunction with wholesaler sales teams
• Represent Baxter Brewing Company at beer festivals and tradeshows
• Build small team of Brand Ambassadors
• Working with distributors to build sales forecasts within territory
• Tracking sales numbers in VIP
• Working with distributor’s sales reps to enhance their sales in the craft beer market
• Familiarize established accounts with new products and developments.
• Work closely with our Head of Sales and our Distributor partner to build a successful plan of growth for your territory
· Ownership of the entire sales process & management of accounts in your territory to ensure everyone is up to date, excited about the brand, educated about our product and new products, and has our items in stock
· Work very closely with our distributor partner to manage the market, make new sales and identify opportunities for growth – updating them daily/weekly with your sales activities and working with reps and brand managers on a weekly basis as partners to maximize sales opportunities and distributor share of mind
· Increase rate of sale through additional SKU distribution, cooler visibility, displays, marketing materials, and other strategic initiatives
· Increase distribution by identifying and selling into new strategic accounts
· Record daily check-in entries to maintain an understanding of our current positioning and opportunities at all accounts
· Meet and exceed monthly sales goals for volume and displays
· Carry out tastings & events once per week, and as needed
· Create and manage annual digital plan and budget
· Manage the planning/monitoring of paid media
· Act as primary resource for digital strategy with management team
· Coordinate and lead influencer campaigns as needed
· Build and manage resources, processes, and structure within Digital Marketing Team
· Lead development of communications calendar
· Plan, create and execute account-based marketing activities, including events, webinars, email, direct mail, advertising, content and other programs.
· Act as the primary liaison between sales and corporate marketing. Work closely with marketing, sales, and other organizations to ensure lead and pipeline acceleration goals achieved.
· Develop industry and account specific presentation and support materials, including slide decks, print and web content, and vision clips. Define and create post meeting follow up materials and leave behinds.
· Prepare account and vertical specific materials (slides, 1-pagers, infographics, etc.) to support the sales process. Determine appropriate collateral, content / articles, and other materials.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
· Education: 4 year college degree or equivalent experience. Marketing degree preferred.
· Access to reliable transportation (i.e. car, van or truck) is essential. Employee must also have valid driver’s license, clean driving record and appropriate levels of insurance coverage.
· 2+ years’ experience in beer/spirits sales at a supplier or wholesaler. • 2+ years’ managing a distributor network or a managing a sales team
· Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
· Excellent presentation and multi-tasking skills
· Ability to analyze and interpret sales data
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
· Experience in PR or corporate communications a plus
· Experience in a fast-paced industry and work environmen