Baxter Brewing Company
Production Team Member
Located in a renovated, 1850’s textile mill in downtown Lewiston, Maine, Baxter Brewing Company is New England’s Original Can-Centric Craft Brewery. Baxter’s portfolio of year-round and specialty beers can be found throughout the region and beyond. Already one of the largest producers by volume in the state, Baxter endeavors to become synonymous with Quality and Innovation moving forward. In the last year we have added a centrifuge, counter-pressure filler canning line, 7 BBL R&D brewhouse a 3600 sq ft tap room and restaurant this summer. We are looking to add a Rock Star, Get-It-Done coworker to our production team to help us achieve our ambitious goals for 2018 and beyond!
Compensation and Benefits
Baxter Brewing Company offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience. Additionally we offer health/vision insurance; dental insurance; retirement planning with a company match up to 3% of salary; paid time off; a killer work environment; and there’s beer. Complete details are outlined in the Baxter Employee Handbook.
Job Overview and Opportunities
The Production Team Members assist the brewing operations team to fulfill customer demand for Baxter’s craft beers. The Production Team Members work regularly scheduled production shifts in the brewery and help to ensure that all beer produced meet Baxter’s high quality standards. This position also works closely with warehouse and tap room staff to transfer finished product.
The ideal candidate for the Production Team Member position is hardworking, organized, and a team player. At Baxter we are committed to helping our employees grow their craft beer careers. Coworkers that excel in the tasks assigned will receive opportunities to participate in job shadowing and training in leadership and brewing positions.
At Baxter, we take our core values very seriously. All team members are expected to embrace and embody these values each and every day.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Various brewing and cellar tasks
- Quality control work
- Operation of canning line
- Cleaning and filling of kegs
- Assembling variety and seasonal 12-Packs
- Assisting warehouse and tap room staff as needed
- Working at brew fests and other events representing the Baxter brand
- Driving the Baxter truck and forklift as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications
- High school Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- Experience and proven success in a fast paced production environment
- Forklift experience preferred
- Previous brewery or packaging experience preferred
Knowledge & Skills
- Interest and/or experience in the craft beer industry
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with employees and the general public.
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to multi task. The ability to think on your feet and adapt, flexibility is key.
- Strong reasoning ability and problem solving skills.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Proven ability and desire to take initiative
- Ability to adhere to Baxter’s safety & quality procedures
- Ability and willingness to work day and night shifts
- Must be able to repeatedly lift objects up to 55 pounds and move objects up to 150 pounds
- Must be able to work for extended periods standing in hot, cold, wet, loud conditions.
- Scheduled hours per week may vary due to seasonal variations in production.
To apply: please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com