Baxter Brewing Company
Territory Sales Manager – Southern Maine
Located in a renovated, 1850’s textile mill in downtown Lewiston, Maine, Baxter Brewing Company is New England’s Original Can-Centric Craft Brewery. Baxter’s portfolio of year-round and specialty beers can be found throughout the region and beyond. Already one of the largest producers by volume in the state, Baxter endeavors to become synonymous with Quality and Innovation moving forward. In the last year we have added a centrifuge, counter-pressure filled canning line, 7 BBL brewhouse and a 3600 sq ft tap room and restaurant.
The individual best suited for this position is an experienced sales professional who is passionate about craft beer and is eager to share our beer, brand, and story everyday with new and existing accounts. This individual is outgoing, organized, and comfortable working in a fast-paced and increasingly competitive industry.
Primary focus of this position will be distributor communications and management, distributor sales team engagement, points of distribution growth, and engagement at on & off-premise accounts, from the account and consumer level, through regular in-person visits, ride alongs, events, and tastings.
The sales territory for this position will be Maine.
Candidates must be located in, or willing to relocate to, the sales territory being covered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the planning, thorough execution and recapping of distributor programming within sales territory.
- Work in collaboration with Baxter distribution partners in achieving pre-determined monthly and yearly sales objectives.
- Engagement with current on and off-premise accounts; support with point-of-sale and regular in-person visits
- Execute sales incentive programs with Baxter and distributor sales staff
- Increase overall distribution and volume through team sales efforts and in conjunction with wholesaler sales teams
- Represent Baxter Brewing Company at beer festivals and tradeshows
- Recruit and supervise “brand ambassadors” for on and off premise events and tastings
- Working with distributors to build sales forecasts within territory
- Tracking sales numbers in VIP
- Working with distributor’s sales reps to enhance their sales in the craft beer market
- Familiarize established accounts with new products and developments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Desired Minimum Qualifications
- Education: 4 year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience: 2-4 years in a sales position. Craft beer distributor, brewery, wine, or liquor sales experience strongly preferred.
- Access to reliable transportation (i.e. car, van or truck) is essential. Employee must also have valid driver’s license, clean driving record and appropriate levels of insurance coverage.
Knowledge & Skills
- Alcohol sales experience strongly preferred
- Understanding of the three-tier system
- Knowledge of and interest in the craft beer industry
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communications skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to make long range plans and goals
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with employees and the general public.
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to multi task. The ability to think on your feet and adapt, flexibility is key.
- Strong reasoning ability and problem solving skills.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Strong PC skills – Intermediate proficiency in Word and Excel.
Compensation and Benefits
Baxter Brewing Company offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience. Additionally we offer health/vision insurance; dental insurance; retirement planning with a company match up to 3% of salary; paid time off; car allowance; cell phone reimbursement; a killer work environment; and there’s beer. Complete details are outlined in the Baxter Employee Handbook.
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.